Sunday, January 29, 2023

Tasting - Malvasia di Casorzo

 

Name: Malvasia di Casorzo

Variety of the grapes: Malvasia

Country of origin: Italy

Region of origin: Piedmont

Vintage year: 2021

Price: $13.95 

Vintage Cellar Description:
"Sweet, but not too sweet, with balanced acidity. Nice round red fruit of cherries and strawberries. Aromas of roses and a lingering fruity finish. This wine is not fully sparkling, but had a slightly effervesce."

 

Wine Folly Text:
Pages 28 - 31 of the text describes the different aromas of wines. This wine falls into the red fruit category with very noticeable notes of cherry. Page 22 of the text discusses the potential alcohol by volume, ABV, or different wines. At 5.5%, this wine is about as low as wines go. I think this allowed my to get a better taste of the fruity notes of the wine without the burning sensation from the alcohol that some wines and all liquors have. 

My Review:
Although I have not tried many wines up to this point, this was by far my most favorite. I also suspect it will stay very high up on my list. This was the first red wine I have had, and I was very pleased with the sweetness of it. I was also delighted by the notes of cherry in its aroma and flavor. It was also an interesting wine since it was slightly bubbly, but not fully sparkling. This effervescence made the wine more interesting to drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese #2 - More Cheese with Friends

  Cheese #1 - Cream Havarti Name of Wine: Fossa Mala Refossa 2020 Variety of Grapes: Sauvigon Blanc Vintage Cellar Description: "Cons...