Sunday, February 5, 2023

Tasting - Roscato Rosé Dolce

 

Name: Roscato Rosé Dolce

Variety of the grapes: Pinot Noir, Teroldego, Croatina

Country of origin: Italy 

Region of origin: Northern Italy

Vintage year: NV (No Vintage)

Price: $13.95 

Winery Review (Roscato):
"From the spectacular backdrop of northern Italy comes this delicate Roacato
Rosé Dolce. This charming wine exalts fresh notes of strawberry and raspberry combined with a touch of sweetness. Rich and refreshing, it is wonderful on its own, but also a great pairing wither with spicy foods, barbecue dishes, fresh fruit and dessert. Enjoy chilled."

We got a little carried away and
drank it before we took a picture.

Wine Folly Text:
On page 150 of Wine Folly, Pinot Noir is described as a light-bodied red wine that has a "long, smooth, soft-tannin finish". I noticed this while drinking wine, especially since it was drier than I was originally expecting. 

My Review:
This was the first Rosé wine I have every tried and I liked it. I was not able to smell any distinctive smells from the "swirl and sniff", but I was able to detect distinct notes of strawberry when I drank it. I was not able to detect any of the other flavors that were described in the review. This wine was also drier than I was anticipating. I did not pair this wine with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese #2 - More Cheese with Friends

  Cheese #1 - Cream Havarti Name of Wine: Fossa Mala Refossa 2020 Variety of Grapes: Sauvigon Blanc Vintage Cellar Description: "Cons...