Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Tasting - TAVO Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie DOC

Name: TAVO

Variety of the grapes: Pinot Grigio

Country of origin: Italy

Region of origin: Delle Venezie

Vintage year: 2021

Price: $12

Bottle description:
"The Redmont-Di Tonno family settled in Abruzzo decades ago to grow the Pinot Grigio grape sustainably in one of the most bio diverse areas in the world. Our desire is to finely craft authentic wines of great elegance. Enjoy."



Wine Folly Text:
Page 149 of the Wine Folly book describes the Pinot Gris (aka Pinot Grigio) grape variety. This grape is known for its "zesty white wines". Overall, my experience with this wine matched the  general description of this variety. The book describes this grape as low in body and tannins. One of the common descriptors of this grape is "crushed gravel", which I did not taste. However, I am now very curious as to how this flavor would be in a wine. 

My Review:
The first thing I noticed about this wine were the distinctive floral notes in its aroma, and in its taste. Overall, it had a light dryness to it but it was not overwhelming. I would also describe it as a smooth almost creamy finish. I did not get the chance to pair this wine with anything, but overall I enjoyed it. As someone who has primarily enjoyed sweet wines, this was one of the first dryer wines that I would consider buying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese #2 - More Cheese with Friends

  Cheese #1 - Cream Havarti Name of Wine: Fossa Mala Refossa 2020 Variety of Grapes: Sauvigon Blanc Vintage Cellar Description: "Cons...