Sunday, February 5, 2023

Tasting - White Zinfandel (Canyon Road)

 

Name: White Zinfandel

Variety of the grapes: Zinfandel

Country of origin: USA

Region of origin: California 

Vintage year: 2021

Price: $7.95 

Vintage Cellar Description:
"This wine is light-bodied with hints of strawberry, cherry, and watermelon flavors and a smooth crisp finish. Serve chilled with appetizers, fresh fruits, or summer salads."



Wine Folly Text:
Page 189 of the text talks about the
Zinfandel variety of grapes. This grape is lower in acidity and sweetness, and higher in body, tannins, and alcohol. This wine was 8% ABV, so it was on the lower end of what a Zinfandel can be, but it was also the highest ABV wine I have tried thus far. 

My Review:
The most notable thing about this wine was a distinctive watermelon flavor. I did not taste any other notes of flavor. I enjoyed this wine quite a bit, but it was not as sweet as I thought it would be. Both wines I tried this week were less sweet than I expected them to be, which made them good starting points to try drier wines. I did not pair this wine with any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine and Cheese #2 - More Cheese with Friends

  Cheese #1 - Cream Havarti Name of Wine: Fossa Mala Refossa 2020 Variety of Grapes: Sauvigon Blanc Vintage Cellar Description: "Cons...