Sunday, January 29, 2023

Josh's Wine Blog Introduction

Hello, welcome to my wine blog!

My name is Josh and I am a senior at VT. I have very limited experience with wine thus far, and I am looking to greatly expand my palate. I have tried a few different bottles of moscato such as Bartenura, Arbor Mist, and Tropical Moscato. All of which I liked quite a lot. I generally have a sweet tooth for the food I eat, so I assumed that this will carry into my wine preferences.  

My only other experience with wine is drinking a lot of Barefoot Fruitscato (if this even counts as a wine). I was first introduced to this drink when I tried my friends Strawberry Barefoot Fruitscato over a game of pong. I enjoyed the drink quite a bit and quickly started buying my own bottles. After drinking a fair number of strawberry bottles, I branched out to the mango flavor a liked that one even more. I soon made it my goal to try every flavor I could find. Thus far, I have tried the watermelon, sweet cranberry, blueberry, peach, pineapple, apple, mango, and strawberry flavors. My favorites are the strawberry, mango, and peach, and my least favorite is the sweet cranberry. Pictured to the left is all the bottles in my "Fruitscato graveyard". As much as I have enjoyed drinking my Fruitscato, I think it is time to put down my bottles and move on to wines that will be more respected in adult settings. Although, I may grab a bottle every once in a while for a little bit of nostalgia. 

Through this class, I hope to greatly expand upon the variety of wines that I like and can appreciate.  I would also like to be able to describe why I like the wines that I do beyond the fact that they do not make me want to gag. I think that understanding wine will make me more comfortable drinking wine in an adult setting, or ordering a drink off the menu at a restaurant without having to google each and every name on the list. And most importantly, this class will be a fun experience that I will get to share with my closest friends in my final semester at VT.

Shark I caught off the coast of NJ

 


1 comment:

Wine and Cheese #2 - More Cheese with Friends

  Cheese #1 - Cream Havarti Name of Wine: Fossa Mala Refossa 2020 Variety of Grapes: Sauvigon Blanc Vintage Cellar Description: "Cons...